ISO Certification is a way for organisations to distinguish their business with this universally acknowledged hallmark of quality. By implementing ISO standards and successfully achieving ISO accreditation companies demonstrate to both their customers and the industry that they maintain the highest levels of quality throughout their business.
With ISO Certification in place companies within the electronics sector are in a stronger position when bidding on contracts or trying to secure new business. The internationally recognised accreditation instils a confidence that your organisation can deliver a reliable, high quality service across all areas.
ISO Certification – What is it?
ISO develop standards that provide the vital framework needed for organisations to set, monitor and improve their own standards. These can then be applied to improve the quality, safety and efficiency of products, services and systems within the business.
Once the standards for ISO have been met then the organisation needs to sufficiently demonstrate conformance to the standard during an independent assessment and audit carried out by an independent third party.
ISO certification can be an extremely beneficial endorsement for companies of all sizes and various industries. For some it is even a legal or contractual requirement.
ISO certification could be worth considering if the following apply to your business;
- Could elements of the business work more efficiently?
- Are you looking to improve your credibility?
- Do you need to reduce outgoings?
- Could the levels of customer satisfaction be improved?
- Do you want to increase your success rate in tenders?
- Do some processes and procedures need to be made more robust?
How is ISO relevant to the electronics sector?
For the individual ISO certifications there are separate standards and criteria which are categorised numerically. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 are relevant to the electronics sector and businesses within the industry.
ISO 9001 is designed to help organisations effectively manage and make improvements to their processes, procedures and systems to ensure that customers receive a consistent, high quality service.
This internationally recognized QMS (Quality Management system) is a powerful business improvement tool suitable for organisations of any size.
ISO9001 can help organisations to:
- Streamline their business procedures
- Deliver a more reliable, consistent service
- Strengthen their market position
- Reduces costs and overhead expenditures
- Improve management practices
- Advantage over non certified competitors
- Lower cost of insurance premiums
With increasing concerns about the environment and the impact that organisations have on it – the ISO 14001 environmental management system is proving to be crucial for businesses.
By providing the vital framework and structure companies are able to monitor, quantify and control their environmental impact and regulate their use of natural resources, waste and energy in both the long and short term.
ISO 14001 can help businesses to:
- Reduce their environmental footprint
- Improve their corporate image, reputation and credibility
- Recommend operational improvements
- Secure compliance with environmental legislation
- Provide a sustainable business model
- Reduce costs
With ISO 45001 organisations are able to improve their overall performance and successfully integrate ISO practices with their Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Management System.
ISO 45001 works to:
- Improve overall and OH&S performance
- Improve work safety for employees
- Reduce work related health problems
- Decrease the chances of on-site accidents
- Improve overall staff health and wellbeing
- Reach new markets
The benefits of ISO Certification for your business
ISO Certification can be particularly beneficial for businesses in the electronics sector that are looking to bid for contracts and attract new clients.
By providing the framework needed to set, improve and monitor your own standards – electronics related companies are able to create a stronger, more resilient business that benefits from increased efficiency, productivity and profits.
Certification under an effective quality management system like ISO provides numerous benefits to not only business owners but their staff and customers by providing a structured system across critical areas that deliver improvements for both now and long term sustainability.
ISO certification can deliver the following benefits to training companies:
- More efficient delivery of products and services
- Improved employee training, development and communication
- Legislation and regulation compliance
- Reduce costs
- Increased margins
- Competitive edge over other rival companies
How JR Consultants can help your business
The process of reaching the required standards of ISO and successfully completing the certification process can be complicated and time consuming if not properly managed.
Our professional team of experienced consultants work alongside our clients to help keep everything simple and running smoothly throughout the entire process.
1) JR Consultants will carry out an initial assessment of your business which will allow us to determine where any existing systems stand in relation to the selected ISO.
2) Using this assessment we will then create a list of detailed recommendations for any areas, procedures or systems that need to be improved in order to accomplish compliance.
3) We then produce a detailed strategy which will be used as a guide to help you best implement the recommend changes and fully prepare for the ISO assessment.
For more information about ISO consultancy services for the electronics sector please contact us today to speak to one of our helpful advisors.
Providing Effective, Practical and Flexible Solutions to Business Certification in The UK
JR Consultants are a reputable and professional company committed to providing quality certification services. If you’re looking to achieve an ISO certification, contact the team now.CONTACT US