CE Compliance is required for many products, production tools and equipment to be supplied to, or sold in, the European market. At JR Consultants our experts can provide pragmatic, cost effective CE Marking services that help guide customers through the process from testing and evaluation to the completion of the Declaration of Conformity.
Our CE Marking consultancy services deliver a fast, stress free and affordable path to compliance that allows the products or equipment to be ready for market that much sooner.
What Exactly is CE Marking?
CE marking is a regulatory certification or ‘mark’ that indicates conformity with health, safety, and environmental protection standards. For products sold within the European Economic area this is a declaration to public authorities and customers that the product satisfies required levels of health and safety and ensures that it meets the compulsory product safety guides required to trade in the EU.
Products need to comply with various rules, directives and technical standards in order to meet the CE marking requirements. Certain types of products are able to be ‘self-certified’ by manufacturers but others, in particular the more high-risk products, have to undergo tests from an independent third party.
Each EU Member State has a ‘Competent Authority’ which enforces the rules. In the UK the
responsible Government department is the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial
Strategy or ‘DBEI’ who through the use of Market Surveillance Authorities (for example Trading
Standards) ensure that goods are compliant and safe.
The stringent EU product safety directives that need to be followed in order to achieve compliance can make for a time consuming and complex process. Our experts have years of experience helping clients across a wide range of industries and are able to provide a comprehensive CE Marking conformity assessment service which provides customers with the knowledge and guidance needed to achieve compliance.
Why is CE Marking Important?
CE Marking on a product is a manufacturer’s declaration that it complies with the necessary health & safety requirements of the relevant European health, safety and environmental protection legislation (Article 100A) also known as Product Directives.
Not everything needs to have a CE marking but some of the types of products includes – tech goods, products used by children, medical equipment, electrical, building machinery and heavy-duty products.
Just some of the reasons and benefits of CE Marking can include;
- Products that display a CE Marking clearly indicate to governments that the product can be legally placed on the market in their country.
- CE Markings are vital for UK manufacturers and exports by ensuring the free movement of their products within the EFTA & European Union (EU) single market. This is how it has earnt its nickname as being a ‘passport for products’.
- Both customers and retailers value the CE Markings which are a clear and widely recognised indication that the products meet the designated minimum safety standards and levels of quality.
- Products with a CE Marking promote public health and safety and enhances the credibility of those compliant products.
- CE Marking on products permits the withdrawal of any non-conforming products by the relevant customs and enforcement authorities.
- Having one central set of requirements across all relevant countries makes the manufacturing processes simpler and more efficient, with harmonised rules that reduce administrative burdens and the need for changes to meet the needs of individual countries.
Benefits of Professional Help with CE Marking
Obtaining compliance for CE Marking can require the compilation of extensive technical documentation in order to prove that the products conform to all applicable regulations. The process of CE Marking compliance requires the development of a quality system that effectively documents critical processes, data, studies and evidence that support the products validity for CE Marking.
Just some of the keyways in which our CE Marking consultants can help include;
- Providing essential expert advice and guidance
- Help to determine which EU standards apply to the products
- Identify the requirements of compliance and what is needed in order to achieve it
- Carry out a gap analysis to see exactly what you have in place at the moment and whether it satisfies the standard.
- Raise and implement procedures as required by the standard.
- Raise and implement any paperwork, should we find any areas of your work processes that do not satisfy what is required.
- Instruct management on the standard and its implementation.
- Liaise with the external notified body and arrange your assessment.
- Clear any points raised during the review.
- Arrange for a full set of internal audits as required by the standard.
- Arrange the correction of any non-conformance(s) found during the internal auditing process.
Our professional, knowledgeable consultants have years of experience working across various industries and delivering comprehensive CE Marking consultancy and management services that help our clients to achieve successful compliance, self-certification or individual CE project completion.
JR Consultants CE Marking Services
At JR Consultants we work to take away the stress and confusion that often comes with the CE Marking process and help facilitate a faster, simpler and cost-effective path to compliance. Our holistic approach to CE Marking incorporates the use of specialist risk assessment and hazard analysis techniques for all the major EU CE Directives which ensures the best level of service is provided to our customers at all times.
We are able to provide guidance and advice on everything from product safety and CE Marking assessments, self-assessments and certifications reviews to PUWER compliance.
If you are looking for a clear roadmap to CE Marking compliance, then JR Consultants are here to help. Get in touch today and take the first step in your journey to simple, fast and affordable CE Marking Solutions.