The SIA (Security Industry Authority) has announced changes to the Approved Contractor Scheme (ACS) which will take effect from 1st April 2019 following extensive consultation and reviews with approved contractor companies and the wider private security industry.
These main changes include the following;
- More emphasis on service delivery and less on processes
- The Self-Assessment Workbook has been streamlined to make it clearer and easier to navigate
- A revised eligibility and ‘fit and proper’ criteria to ensure only credible companies are able to join the scheme
- A firmer approach to staff being paid via PAYE to ensure they have proper employment rights
- £13bn of public sector spend will require suppliers to be members of the Approved Contractor Scheme
- The revised ACS is being endorsed by the National Police Chiefs’ Council
To find out more about how we can get your Security Company approved to the SIA ACS please visit here or send us an enquiry.
Request Call Back.
If you need to speak to us about a general query fill in the form below and we will call you back within the same working day.
The Latest from JR Consultants
ISO 14001 The Commitment To Sustainable Business Practices
In this day and age, there is more focus than ever on the environment, and this is reflected in the way that both individuals and organisations decide where they will buy from, the services they will use and who they will and will not deal with. The ISO 14001 standard is an effective way for […]
ISO 9001 Corrective Action Vs Preventive Action
Corrective action and preventative action (often referred to as CAPA) work to improve the processes of organisations through a set of measures which aim to eliminate the causes of recurring non-conformances and other unwanted situations. Some companies struggle with implementing effective systems for corrective actions or are of the opinion that it is a waste […]
Why Use A Certified ISO System – UKAS and non-UKAS
Achieving certification for one of the international or ISO standards such as ISO 14001 (environmental), ISO 45001 (occupational health & safety) or ISO 9001 standard (quality) can be hugely beneficial for many organisations. Over recent years and occurring more frequently is the number of instances where businesses have paid for and gone through processes to […]