The SIA (Security Industry Authority) has announced changes to the Approved Contractor Scheme (ACS) which will take effect from 1st April 2019 following extensive consultation and reviews with approved contractor companies and the wider private security industry.
These main changes include the following;
- More emphasis on service delivery and less on processes
- The Self-Assessment Workbook has been streamlined to make it clearer and easier to navigate
- A revised eligibility and ‘fit and proper’ criteria to ensure only credible companies are able to join the scheme
- A firmer approach to staff being paid via PAYE to ensure they have proper employment rights
- £13bn of public sector spend will require suppliers to be members of the Approved Contractor Scheme
- The revised ACS is being endorsed by the National Police Chiefs’ Council
To find out more about how we can get your Security Company approved to the SIA ACS please visit here or send us an enquiry.
Request Call Back.
If you need to speak to us about a general query fill in the form below and we will call you back within the same working day.