The SIA (Security Industry Authority) has announced changes to the Approved Contractor Scheme (ACS) which will take effect from 1st April 2019 following extensive consultation and reviews with approved contractor companies and the wider private security industry.
These main changes include the following;
- More emphasis on service delivery and less on processes
- The Self-Assessment Workbook has been streamlined to make it clearer and easier to navigate
- A revised eligibility and ‘fit and proper’ criteria to ensure only credible companies are able to join the scheme
- A firmer approach to staff being paid via PAYE to ensure they have proper employment rights
- £13bn of public sector spend will require suppliers to be members of the Approved Contractor Scheme
- The revised ACS is being endorsed by the National Police Chiefs’ Council
To find out more about how we can get your Security Company approved to the SIA ACS please visit here or send us an enquiry.
Request Call Back.
If you need to speak to us about a general query fill in the form below and we will call you back within the same working day.
The Latest from JR Consultants
How To Get The Most Out Of Your Internal Audit
Effective Auditing For Your Business Internal audits are a great opportunity to evaluate and improve your business-critical processes. This effective quality management tool works to clarify what is working well within an organisation and identify areas that require improvement. Why Perform An Internal Audit? An internal audit is an assessment or inspection that is conducted […]
What Is An ISO 9001 Certification And When Could You Need It?
Quality Management The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is the independent, non-governmental body that develops and publishes ISO certification standards. They are created by top experts in their subject matter who help to provide innovative solutions to improve and resolve some of the most challenging aspects within their sector. There are a lot of different […]
Why Choose JR Consultants For ISO Certification Services?
If you have been thinking about obtaining ISO certification but don’t know where to start or simply do not have the manpower in house to undertake the work involved, then our team of ISO specialists can help. At JR Consultants we provide organisations with effective, affordable professional ISO management services that help them to achieve […]