The Security Industry Authority (SIA) is an executive, non-departmental public body sponsored by the home office which regulates the UK’s private security industry. The SIA introduced the Approved Contractor Scheme (ACS) with the purpose of helping to regulate and improve standards, reduce criminality and recognise quality service within the private security sector.
This licensing scheme benefits both security-based businesses and their customers by providing a recognised hallmark of quality that helps the company to hire the right people and gives the customers peace of mind that the standard of service will be high.
At JR Consultants, our team of dedicated SIA ACS specialists in London provide clients with the support they need to successfully implement the required processes, record the necessary steps and complete and submit the paperwork and documentation needed to achieve certification.
The advantages of being an approved contractor
SIA ACS is a voluntary scheme, but it is fast becoming a prerequisite within the security industry and is often required in order to work with a lot of companies and individuals and secure tendering opportunities.
Being an SIA approved contractor in London can bring with it many benefits, not just for the organisation itself but for the employees and customers also.
Only companies who hold SIA ACS status can offer;
- High Standards
Although most like to think that the service they offer is already of a high standard, all approved contractors are required to meet the standards put forward by industry experts at the British Standards Institution. The process involved allows the company to make crucial operational improvements that deliver more efficient and reliable services at the highest levels.
- Continuity of Service
Customers can feel confident that they will receive a high-quality service from approved contractors as the employment processes they go through have been extensively assessed to make sure they meet the required standards for certification.
- Customer Focus
Being an ACS accredited company demonstrate your commitment to customer service and an approach that focuses on quickly working to identify, address and resolve any issues that arise.
- Innovation and Leadership
The ACS scheme is an advanced and progressive quality initiative which ensures that accredited providers can achieve sustainable growth that is accomplished through being highly responsive and able to quickly adopt new methods.
Being an accredited company demonstrates your dedication to providing high standards of security services for your customers, improving and enhancing your reputation within the industry.
- SIA Licensed Staff
In order to qualify, all security staff within the company must be SIA licensed at all times, whether they are actively working or not. This means that potential clients looking to use their services have the assurance that the security staff they get will be are professional, capable and highly trained.
Request information about our ISO Certification Services
Please fill in the details below along with your message, and we’ll be in touch with you very soon.
The SIA ACS requirements
The Approved Contractor Schemes objective is to increase the performance standards within the private security industry in order to best serve the needs of the customer.
Applications for becoming an SIA approved contractor are reviewed against the following:
- Application – The application forms need to be properly completed and submitted with all relevant evidence such as insurance certificates, Paye ref numbers etc.
- Self-Assessment – The self-assessment workbook must be completed accurately and in full with each relevant section provided with adequate justification.
- SIA Licensed Staff – All security staff within the company will need to be licensed in order to achieve ACS.
- Management – The assessment body will need to be satisfied that not only the company is a ‘fit and proper’ organisation but that it has equally qualified and capable directors in place.
- Licensed Directors – All licensable directors will have to hold a valid SIA licence or have taken the necessary steps to acquire one.
- Substantial Complaints – Any significant concerns or complaints about the organisation, its senior management or directors that have been made might need to be investigated before continuing.
- Fees – In order to gain certification, fee payments will need to be made at both the pre-approval stage and the post-approval stage. These fees pay for things such as processing the application, eligibility checks, annual registration fee and operational costs of the scheme and the amount to be paid will vary depending on the size of the organisation and the number of licensable staff.
If you want to provide SIA approved contractor services in London and are unsure if you are eligible then we can help talk you through and discuss your options.
Get in touch with JR Consultants today
Our team of SIA approved contractor specialists in London can work with you from the start to make becoming an approved contractor as straight forward, hassle free and cost effective as possible.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more about our SIA ACS consultancy services, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and one of our knowledgeable advisors will be happy to help.
Request Call Back.
If you need to speak to us about a general query fill in the form below and we will be in touch as soon as possible.