The Security Industry Authority (SIA) is a government organisation which is responsible for the regulation of the private security industry throughout the UK. The Approved Contractor Scheme (ACS) is a voluntary scheme introduced by the SIA to help raise performance standards and develop new opportunities within the private security industry.
The framework of the scheme works to set, improve and monitor the operational standards of security services and is quickly becoming a necessity for companies looking to distinguish themselves.
In order to attain ACS certification in Kent, businesses must meet the standardised set of qualifying criteria and be able to demonstrate sufficient competence and capabilities across relevant technical, management and operational areas.
Being an SIA approved contractor in Kent provides a recognisable approved status that instils confidence and acts as a benchmark for quality within the security sector.
We have no hidden payments; what you see is what you pay.
We can offer ongoing support to ensure you are always well prepared
We can attend your audits and act as your management representative.
We help create procedures, policies & associated documentation as required
What are the benefits of being an SIA Approved Contractor?
Here are some of the many great benefits for security companies who achieve ACS status;
- SIA ACS certification demonstrates a clear commitment to customers, responsiveness, quality and improving efficiency
- Enhances reputation by showcasing your integrity and presenting your company as a responsible one to work with which can help you to stand out from the crowd
- Can provide access to new markets and tender opportunities which before were unattainable due to ACS being a pre-requisite
- Demonstrates that your company has an effective quality management system in place
- Illustrates that the security personnel who work for you are comprehensively trained in their role
- Provides an advantage over competitors which makes it an effective marketing tool
- Gives potential customers confidence in the quality of the service that you are offering
- Once approved you are included in the Register of Approved Contractors which is published on the SIA website
- Approved contractors have the authority to use the ACS Accreditation Mark on their websites, stationery and livery
The SIA ACS requirements
In order to achieve ‘Approved Contractor status’ your company will need to fulfil the SIA’s requirements;
- They are satisfied that the company seeking approval is a fit and proper organisation
- That the company’s directors are fit and proper persons
- All company directors have an SIA license
- That the company has been supplying a security service with a contract for over 12 months
- They have a minimum of 2 PAYE staff
- All of the employees who carry out a security function hold a valid licence covering the duties that they are performing (as required by law)
Request information about our ISO Certification Services
Please fill in the details below along with your message, and we’ll be in touch with you very soon.
What does the process involve?
The process itself can be completed inhouse, but it can be much more time and cost efficient to use the services of a professional SIA approved contractor consultant in Kent. Our experts have the knowledge, skills and experience needed to help guide and support you all the way through to successful SIA ACS certification.
Basic steps of the process can include;
- Speaking to the team at JR Consultants to discuss your application where our team will talk through and explain SIA’s pre-eligibility checks and the application process
- Submit your application to the SIA for ACS approval
- If you are eligible and meet the minimum requirements for the sectors you are seeking approval for then you will receive confirmation from the SIA
- We will arrange for a qualified assessor to visit and conduct the verification assessment
- Prior to the verification visit, you will need to submit a copy of your completed self-assessment workbook scores
- We will use the scores, self-assessment requirements and the findings from the verification visit to create a report which is then submitted to the SIA who will review it and make their final decision
Get in touch with JR Consultants today
If you have any questions or need help with ACS in Kent, then our team of dedicated experts are here to guide and support you every step of the way to successful SIA ACS accreditation.
Contact us today to find out if your company is eligible, what the process involves and where to get started so that you can achieve ACS status and elevate your business to the next level.
Request Call Back.
If you need to speak to us about a general query fill in the form below and we will be in touch as soon as possible.