The Security Industry Authority (SIA) is a non-departmental public body in charge of monitoring and regulating compliance within the UK’s security industry. The Approved Contractor Scheme (ACS) was introduced by the SIA to provide contractors and buyers with an easily recognisable hallmark of quality that shows a company is operating in a way that is ethical and follows the industry codes of practice.
Becoming SIA ACS accredited is a clear way for those in the security industry to demonstrate to potential customers their competence, training and commitment to the continuous improvement of their operations.
At JR Consultants, our experienced team of SIA ACS specialists in Essex provide the expert guidance, advice and support you need from the start to ensure a simple, stress free and cost-effective path to successful certification.
We have no hidden payments; what you see is what you pay.
We can offer ongoing support to ensure you are always well prepared
We can attend your audits and act as your management representative.
We help create procedures, policies & associated documentation as required
The SIA ACS requirements
Obtaining ACS Certification and becoming an SIA approved contractor in Essex, distinguishes a company from its competitors and provides reassurance for the high-quality standard of their security services. The areas which you can choose to be assessed for include:
- Security Guarding
- Door Supervision
- Cash/Valuables in Transit
- Public Space Surveillance (CCTV)
- Vehicle Immobilisation (Northern Ireland)
- Close Protection
The ACS scheme is entirely voluntary, but due to the robust framework it provides for setting, improving and monitoring operating standards, it is fast becoming a necessity for those in the security sector.
In order to award a company ‘Approved Contractor status’, the SIA have a number of requirements which include being satisfied that the company seeking approval;
- Is a fit and proper organisation
- Has directors who are fit and proper persons and all of which have an SIA license
- Has been supplying a security service for over 12 months with a contract
- Have a minimum of 2 staff on PAYE
- Ensure that all staff who carry out a security function hold a valid licence which covers the duties that they are performing (as required by law)
Request information about our ISO Certification Services
Please fill in the details below along with your message, and we’ll be in touch with you very soon.
What does the process involve?
The objective of SIA ACS is to improve performance standards, which is why there is a need to undertake a rigorous approval procedure. In order to achieve certification under the SIA’s Approved Contractor Scheme, applicants need to meet the requirements of all seven criteria which consist of key indicators for good practice.
The seven criteria of the assessment process are;
- Service Delivery
- Commercial Relationship Management
- Financial Management
- Resource Management
Both the company and the people who manage it will need to be assessed in order to ascertain whether or not they are suitable, capable and appropriately qualified for their job roles.
The basic steps of the process are;
- Complete an application form and send to the SIA along with the necessary evidence needed to carry out due diligence checks (Insurance certs, company registration docs, licence numbers etc).
- A self-assessment (workbook) also needs to be completed in order to demonstrate how the company has addressed all the elements of the scheme.
- Once the information has been submitted, it is important to ensure that all of the points have been properly implemented with clear and accurate records kept to indicate conformance.
- Once you have confirmation from the SIA that you have met their eligibility requirements, you need a verification visit from an independent assessment body approved by the SIA. During this visit, in order to ensure compliance, they will test the company against the SIA-ACS requirements and talk to staff, clients and customers to confirm and validate that the organisations is responsible.
Get in touch with JR Consultants today
If you want to achieve SIA ACS approval, then our experts are here to help you elevate your business to the next level with our SIA ACS services in Essex.
At JR Consultants, we will guide you through every step of the process, helping to handle everything from workbooks, paperwork and implementing procedures to creating simple quality management systems and even being there with you during your audit.
If you need help with ACS, have any questions or would like to find out more, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and one of our knowledgeable advisors will be happy to help.
Request Call Back.
If you need to speak to us about a general query fill in the form below and we will be in touch as soon as possible.