With GDPR firmly embedded into businesses and the ever-present cyber security threat that most businesses, no matter their size, are facing today, ensuring you have the right systems and processes in place to combat any security issues is a must.
ISO 27001 is an internationally recognised standard for Information Security Management Systems and by achieving certification, you are telling the world that your business/organisation has implemented the required ISO system and processes to significantly reduce the level of risk should there be a breach of security.
What is ISO 27001?
ISO 27001 is a framework of procedures and policies that when implemented, ensure all information within the company is kept safe and secure, no matter what type of format it is in. Everyone knows how important it is to keep staff, customer and other stakeholder information safe, particularly highly sensitive and confidential information.
By establishing a system of controls, management and ongoing improvement processes and procedures through a documented, and constantly monitored, system, businesses and organisations are able to avoid potential security threats.
The ISO standard framework incorporates a range of procedures that cover IT systems and business processes that take a risk-based approach. By creating a robust framework, you will be able to:
- Define information security policy and the scope of ISMS.
- Perform RA for the scope of the ISMS by identifying the three main threat, risks, impacts and vulnerabilities.
- Determine how to manage the risks you’ve identified.
- Establish and implement objectives and controls.
- Ensure continual monitoring and improvements.
There are three main principles about information security to ISO 27001:
- Confidentiality – ensuring information is only accessible by those who have the relevant authorised access.
- Integrity – making sure the information stored is accurate and complete.
- Availability – allowing authorised users to access the information they need, when they need it.
How JR Consultants can help you
At JR Consultants, we offer a comprehensive ISO consultation service, working closely with our clients from the start of the process right the way through to achieving certification. We provide a clear, reliable and accurate guide of the process, helping businesses/organisations to navigate and understand the sometimes complicated information and paperwork.
Our job as ISO experts is to ensure the necessary systems are implemented correctly, consistently providing the support to our clients in continually improving to meet the required standards. Our consultation services allow you to spend time on what matters; your business, including:
- Helping to plan, document, implement and operate a simple quality management system that meets the ISO 27001 requirements.
- Design a system that fits around your existing business/organisation’s practices, when possible, and if not, helping you to identify and resolve issues to ensure you are able to conform to the ISO 27001 certification standard.
- Once your quality management system is in place and has been implemented, our ISO auditors will conduct a full audit to ensure all your systems and procedures are operational, before recommending your company for an ISO 27001 assessment by an external UKAS accredited assessment body.
Whilst ISO 27001 is not mandatory for businesses and organisations, nor is it a legal requirement, having a robust, accredited information security management system in place not only enhances your business’s ability to keep data safe and secure, but it also establishes you as a serious competitor within your industry.
Request Call Back.
If you need to speak to us about a general query fill in the form below and we will call you back within the same working day.