The FSC is an international organisation that promotes responsible stewardship of the world’s forests. Its trademark provides international recognition to organisers who support the growth of responsible forest management worldwide, and its product label allows consumers to recognise products that support the growth of forest management worldwide.
Over the past 13 years, over 90 million hectares in more than 70 countries have been certified according to FSC standards while several thousand products are produced using FSC certified wood and carrying the FSC trademark.
What are the Benefits of FSC Certification?
- Acquire market recognition for responsible forest management.
- Opportunities for interaction and cooperation between the players involved in forest management – forest owners, social and environmental organisations – to solve the problems that forests face
- The assurance for future generations that they will enjoy the benefits of our forests.
- The knowledge that areas of natural wealth and endangered wildlife are being looked after
- The opportunity to use the Forest Stewardship Council trademark on products to demonstrate that they come from legal and well managed sources.
- The possibility of new markets for products produced as Forest Stewardship Council.
- The ability to benefit from local, national or international government support for responsible forest management
FSC Certification from JR Consultants
As with all our work in gaining certification for clients, we will help you design, document, implement and operate a simple and practical system to meet the requirements of the FSC.
We will design the system to operate within your present business practices wherever possible, and if necessary, help you identify the areas of your business that do not conform to FSC requirements, before recommending you for your external audit by an FSC accredited certification body.